HYS UPDATE: SPRING SEASON OPERATIONS
With spring upon us and boat launchings just around the corner, we have been giving plenty of thought to how we can continue to provide the services that you need safely and effectively. We take the risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously and our paramount concern is for the health and well being of our employees, customers, and community. With these factors in mind we are implementing some additional short term policies beginning now and extending until June 1st. We are hopeful that the situation in Maine will have eased by then. We remain open and are working with the following modifications:
- All buildings on the property will remain off limits to anyone who is not an employee or pre-screened subcontractor.
- Customer access to the boatyard will be through the north driveway. We are putting up signs to guide you to the customer parking areas.
- We require everyone on our property to observe "social distancing" practices. This includes avoiding gathering in groups and maintaining distances of 6 feet from others.
- We are allowing customers to access their boats if they are stored outside and don't have any of our employees on board. If you would like to arrange access to your boat, please call 207-633-2970 ahead of time so we can schedule your visit. Access will be Monday thru Friday after 5:00 PM and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Ship's Store is open, stocked, and receiving limited deliveries. If you would like to place an order or make purchases, please call 207-633-0702 and we will gladly make arrangements.
- We will continue to haul and launch boats as space allows.
- We will be providing a portable toilet on site for the convenience of our customers as our regular restrooms are closed.
Fuel Dock and Marina Operations
- The fuel dock is open for charge account sales and credit card sales only (no cash). You must call the office at 207-633-2970 for service.
- To protect our employees, customer access to the marina is limited to after business hours (after 5:00 PM, Monday thru Friday) and all day Saturday and Sunday. This access policy applies to seasonal slip and mooring customers as well.
- Our launch service will not be operating during this period. Mooring customers will need their own tender to access their mooring.
- For boats that we commission and launch, we are offering complimentary delivery to your local dock or mooring. Otherwise, we will deliver all boats to our Hodgdon Marina in Boothbay Harbor where you can pick up. Planning your boat pickup will be very important so please keep your Service Manager informed of any changes to your schedule.
We will continue to update you as things change. As always, feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. Your business is important to us and we strive to accommodate your needs. Your cooperation and understanding during this time is greatly appreciated.
We can't think of a better place to be, especially under the current circumstances, than on a boat and enjoying the coast of Maine. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Stay safe and healthy!
The Crew at Hodgdon Yacht Services
207-633-2970 | firstname.lastname@example.org