UPDATES AND CHANGES TO OUR COVID-19 PROTOCOL
Now that Spring is finally upon us and our launch season is in full swing we want to update you on some of the changes we are making to our COVID-19 protocol here at the Southport boatyard since our last communication with you in early April. Perhaps the most significant change is to customer access to the marina as you will see below. We have been following the guidelines of Governor Mills' Executive Orders as our state begins to open up and determining how to make the boatyard safe and accessible for our employees, customers, and guests. With that in mind we are modifying our current COVID policies relating to our Southport operations. Customers and guests arriving from out of state must abide by the Governor's current Executive Order to self-quarantine for 14 days upon arriving in Maine. Fuel Dock and Marina/Dock Operations:
- The marina is open daily to our slip and mooring customers.
- We ask that everyone practice social distancing, keeping at least 6 feet away from any person not in your immediate household.
- Do not congregate in groups or linger on the docks before or after using your boat.
- You must wear a face covering at all times when on our docks. Our technicians and dock staff will be actively working in the marina and will be wearing face coverings when in proximity with you.
- The fuel dock is open for charge account sales and credit card sales only (no cash). Please call the office at 207-633-2970 for service.
- Our launch service will follow state guidelines and will restrict passenger count so please plan ahead when calling for the launch.
- All buildings on the property will remain off limits to anyone who is not an employee or pre-screened subcontractor.
- Customer access to the boatyard will be through the north driveway. We have put up signs to guide you to the customer parking areas.
- We require everyone on our property to observe "social distancing" practices. This includes avoiding gathering in groups and maintaining distances of 6 feet from others.
- If you would like to arrange access to your land based boat, please call 207-633-2970 ahead of time so we can schedule your visit. We are allowing customers access to their boats if they are stored outside and don't have any of our employees on board. Access will be Monday thru Friday after 5:00PM and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Ship's Store is stocked and receiving limited deliveries. If you would like to place an order or make purchases, please call 207-633-0702 and we will gladly make arrangements.
- We are providing a portable toilet on site for the convenience of our customers as our regular restrooms are closed.
- For boats that we commission and launch we are offering complimentary delivery to your local dock or mooring. Otherwise, we will deliver all boats to our Hodgdon Marina in Boothbay Harbor where you can pick up. Planning your boat pickup will be very important so please keep your service manager informed of any changes to your schedule.
- If your boat requires service work you can call our service office at 207-633-2970 to make an appointment. We have protocols in place to disinfect any surfaces that our technicians may come in contact with before and during the service.
We will continue to update you as guidance or circumstances change. As always, feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. Your business is important to us and we strive to accommodate your needs. Your cooperation and understanding during this time is greatly appreciated.
We can't think of a better place to be, especially under the current circumstances, than on a boat and enjoying the coast of Maine. We hope you and your family are safe and healthy. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
The Crew at Hodgdon Yacht Services
207-633-2970 | firstname.lastname@example.org